THE RYAN WHITE CARE ACT IS IN DANGER
OF NOT BEING REAUTHORIZED
CALL THE LEADERSHIP OF THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES – CALL NOW
URGENT — Call IMMEDIATELY!!! THE HOUSE MUST VOTE TODAY
A compromise proposal on the Ryan White CARE Act reauthorization has been passed by the Senate. The compromise legislation stabilizes the CARE Act for three more years. It will make sure that many people living with HIV will continue to have access to treatment and care. The U.S. House of Representatives must vote on this bill today or it will not pass this session. If the bill fails, there is no guarantee that the Ryan White CARE Act will be reauthorized quickly in the next Congress. AIDS Action supports the three year compromise.
THE LEADERSHIP OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
NEEDS TO HEAR FROM YOU!!
MAKE TWO PHONE CALLS TO U.S. HOUSE LEADERSHIP:
Please drop whatever you are doing and make two phone calls – PLEASE
* Speaker of the House, Representative Dennis Hastert (IL) –
* Majority Leader, Rep. John Boehner (OH) – 202-225-4000
Please tell the person who answers the phone:
* Your name and the city/state that you live in
* The House of Representatives should add the Ryan White CARE
(“H.R. 6143”) to the suspension calendar and PASS IT TODAY.
TELL EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW TO CALL
Please call 5 friends and tell them to call Representatives Hastert and Boehner.
IF POSSIBLE, MAKE THESE ADDITIONAL CALLS
If you have the time and ability, please make three more phone calls.
Give them the same message you gave above:
* Majority Whip, Rep. Roy Blunt (MO) – 202-225-0197
* Chairman of House Energy and Commerce Committee, Joe Barton
(TX) – 202-225-2002
* Minority Leader, Rep. Nancy Pelosi (CA) – 202-225-0100
* Minority Whip, Rep. Steny Hoyer (MD) – 202-225-3130
* Ranking Member of House Energy and Commerce Committee John
Dingell – 202-225-3641
Every Call Counts. Call the U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES Today!!
YOU C.A.N. MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
TELL THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES TO PASS THE RYAN WHITE CARE ACT TODAY!