I’m not looking, and if I were looking, I wouldn’t look *there*, but several times in the last few weeks I have succumbed to morbid curiosity and checked out the personal ads on Craigslist.
I scrolled through several hundred subject lines in the “men looking for women” category. I ignored all of the guys who were or claimed to be under 45 or over 60. That eliminated most of them. Then I clicked on a bunch of ads from guys in that 15-year range.
They fell into several distinct groups.
- Old dude trying to hook a young chick with the lure of money.
- Old “dominant” dude looking to hook a young “submissive” chick with the glow of pop lit.
- Old white dude trying to hook young Asian chick.
- Old angry dude whining about the evil/annoying/fat chicks.
- Old married dude looking to hook married (to someone else) chick on their lunch hours.
They weren’t *all* quite so creepy and/or disappointingly predictable. But overall, ohmygod.
To be equitable, I hopped over to look at the “women looking for men” ads, too.
Since I apparently need a new and better hobby, I’ve decided to find/start a grown-up book club (with wine) after I’m all done getting divorced.